Catalytic Converters

Kyle R. Davis kyle93ser@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:02:17 -0600

>         Hey, I was wondering about Catalytic Converters, I've
> heard that
> if removed they will produce about 25 HP, I'm not sure about
> the number,......................................
> is. So back to the real question, how many horses would
> removing it give
> me?

At the first SE-R (BAM) dyno day ever, we tested this.. someone (I think Tom
Paule) supplied a stock cat that had been hollowed out and had a 2.5" pipe
welded in it.

We trying dyno'n the car with this in place on a test car we were bolting
mods on..  The car dyno'd exactly the same on a car with
header/intake/greddy cat back with a cat AND with the hollowed cat.

So there's NO benefit to removing the cat (That we could find).