aem bypass valve and oil in intake tract

Enoch Chow exc8636@njit.edu
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:59:55 -0600

hey guys.  i decided to get an aem bypass valve yesterday at my friends
shop.  so i went to go put it on this morning.  i know people have asked if
it would fit, and i never saw any definite answers (i probably missed it,
hehe).  but i couldn't get mine to fit.  oh yeah, ga16de on a b14.  the
bypass is a little bigger than the clearance i have in between the maf and
b-pipe.  i think i can get it to fit tho.  just need a little more time next
round to get it to fit.

second thing, when i opened up the b-pipe to map coupling, some liquid came
out.  i thoght it was mayb some dampness in between the coupling.  when i
finally got it off, there was oil inside my intake pipe.  so i took off the
hose routing the valve cover into the intake tract.  and there was
solidified oil (light brown color paste).  y is this happening?  last time i
opened it up was this past summer/spring to clean the TB.  and i didn't have
a thing.  any suggestions? thanx

Enoch Chow
http://www.2by2.net/oewoko
http://ewok.nissanpower.com