"No Nascrap" petition.

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:14:20 -0600

>NASCAR will *not*, contrary to popular misconception,
>reduce current coverage of WRC, F1, various SCCA,
>various other FIA, or any other types of auto racing.

That's funny, because it already has. There has been no mention of the
spedvision touring series since NASCRAP took over. Is it dead? Maybe
not, but they sure aren't' advertising it like last year.

Remember those infomercials? They only showed at night. So they are
showing NASCRAP at night and regular racing during the day? I don't
think so. Things are and will change for the worse, there is no way to
avoid it. Things get bumped in favor of NASCRAP.

Has anyone else noticed that they are replacing the British commentators
with good old boys? That speaks volumes for the type of viewer that
SpeedChannel is looking for. One that is close minded enough to only
like NASCRAP and not listen to those funny sounding brits.

Regardless, there already was a petition about 6 months ago that
received quite a few signatures in it. Fox didn't care then, and they
don't care now.

-Jay