transmission alternatives

Erik Halvorson hammer_down@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:59:48 -0600

I know I shouldn't bitch but "I hate the search incapabilities of the SE-R
site"!

Howdy everyone.  I am back after a short hiatus.  I also moved some 190
miles from my last residence.  Anyway, I have put about 20k on the BlueBird
DET swap in the Classic Se-R.  Completely problem free, until now.  I never
had any problems with 5th gear.  Well, now I do.  It sounds like a
semi-truck using it's jake-brake.  I am either going to get a salvaged
tranny, a jdm tranny or rebuild my own(?).  OR is there a better
alternative.  I saw that a few people were inquiring again about Mike's
inquiry to Quaife for better internals.  What's the best alternative for the
DET?

Suggestions anyone?

Erik