g20 suspension gurus

NiSMo nismo@mydestiny.net
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:57:52 -0600

Hey list, I'm in the process of adapting some shocks for my sr20
equipped altima. Since there aren't much suspension parts available for
the altima I was planning to use g20 (p10) or (p11) bilstein shocks for
the front and rear. I've gone to g20 net and compared OEM rear (front
dampening rates were not available) dampening rates (compression and
rebound) they are both up to spec with the altima's rear dampening
rates. (altima XE/GLE/GXE rear compression 66-100 lbs. @ 1 ft p/sec,
rebound 141-192 lbs. @ 1 ft p/sec.) (G20 (p10) rear compression 60-95
lbs. @ 1 ft p/sec???, rebound 160-203 lbs. @ 1 ft p/sec???)

Does anyone in the list have bilsteins for their g20? I'm confused as to
what type of shocks bilstein uses for the g20. (twin tube or monotube
high press.)

 I know there are a lot of g20 owners in this list so, if any of you
guys have any information regarding the g20's suspension. Specifically:
OEM front dampening rates and the stroke of these shocks (front and
rear). The altima's front shock stroke is 143 mm (haven't measured the
rears yet...) Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.