GC coilover spring rates

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:50:25 -0600

Rob,

I'm using 300f/200r for my car, which is a daily driver. This rate seems to be
good compromise for the street. Cruising around, it feels stiff, but not
untolerable. However, if I corner hard, the suspension still feels like it
could
be stiffened up more. On the track, this setup (w/ S.T. sway bars) feels
somewhat neutral, leaning more towards understeer, although throttle-off
oversteer can be induced.

For your application, since it is not a daily driver, I would definately go
stiffer
than 300f/200r, with maybe the rear stiffness increasing proportionately more
than the front. This would help the rear end rotate easier. For example,
maybe
try 450f/375r, or 375f/300r. I don't have personal experience with any of
these rates, but I know that there are list members who use similar rates.

matt ma . 92 SE-R