Courtesy nissan rip-off 2

aki hirota aki@strategixid.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:49:04 -0600

I want to make things a little clearer by saying that rip-off is not because
of the belt. I used the belt price as an example because Courtesy lists the
belt price on their website, and therefore I could do the very accurate
comparison to what I was charged.  My point was that I didn't get a discount
percentage at all, and not only that, I was charged more than their normal
prices.  I bought other parts, like an alternator this time, and that makes
a difference of probably $35 or so. But I didn't have their "normal price"
of alternator, and couldn't compare accurately (I paid $184.28 + $50 core
charge).

I don't call somebody "rip-off" in public if I am overcharged only for $.85
(though I will if it is 50 cents product to begin with), but I will do so to
warn others if someone pretends to be giving a discount price while he
isn't. The sales guy told me on the phone when I asked price seemed bit
high, "these are the discount price".  And they weren't.

There was another member list to whom exact same thing happened. So I
believe there is and will be others. So I just wanted to warn everybody to
make sure you get what you are supposed to.

The manager at Courtesy told me that my account was not set up to get the
"mailing list price".  So next time you buy something from Courtesy, make
sure your account is set up as such.

AKI HIROTA '93 black classic