VS: SV: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Carsten Elmegård Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 04:10:32 -0600

Hey Matt,

You are welcome! Hope it is OK that I send the answer to everybody!!
Maybe someone else want to se the result! :o)

I can give you a little sum up and if there is anything else or more
specific then just ask! :o)

Unfortunately we couldn't test the Falken Azenis tire because it is not
part of the danish assortment! :o(

We tested

Michelin Pilot Sport (Ultra High Performance)
Dunlop SP8000 (UHP)
Continental ContiSportContact (UHP)
Pirelli P7000 (UHP)
Goodyear F1 (UHP)
Yokohama A520 (UHP)
Falken FK-451 (UHP)
Bridgestone S-03 (UHP)

Dry track Result

Bridgestone
Falken
Yokohama
Goodyear
Continental
Michelin
Pirelli
Dunlop

There wasn't much difference in the tires performing on dry track, but
when they got real hot the first 3 tires was quite a bit better than the
rest!:o)

Wet track result

Bridgestone
Falken
Continental
Michelin
Goodyear
Yokohama
Pirelli
Dunlop

Here it is almost the same pattern, the first 4 tires are very close and
then the rest is beginning to lack off.

Grip when worn

Bridgestone
Continental
Falken
Michelin
Goodyear
Dunlop
Pirelli
Yokohama

In this content Bridgestone was a clear winner! Continental was second,
because of their tread design which is more resistent when worn than the
V pattern on the other tires.

Mileage

Bridgestone
Michelin
Falken
Continental
Pirelli
Yokohama
Dunlop
Goodyear

There were also BIG difference in the top and the end!! Bridgestone was
MUCH more resistent than Goodyear!

Brake wet

Bridgestone
Falken
Michelin
Continental
Goodyear
Dunlop
Yokohama
Pirelli

>From 110 Km/t there were 14 meter difference from Bridgestone to
Pirelli.

Brake Dry

Bridgestone
Falken
Michelin
Continental
Yokohama
Goodyear
Dunlop
Pirelli

>From 110 km/t there were 9 metres difference from Bridgestone to
Pirelli.

Hope you can use it!! :o)

Or else just ask if you want something explained! :o)

Best Regards
Carsten