Courtesy Nissan Rip-off

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:37:56 -0600

At 08:21 AM 2/21/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>...praise to the Courtesy Nissan, but I will do the opposite.  I usually
>don't do this, but I am really upset.
>What really make me angry is that not only did I get discount, but I was
>charged more than the list price.  For example the belt for
>compressor/alternator is listed for $11.57 on their site, but it is $12.42
>on my invoice. $.85 more!

Waahhh!  A whole 85 cents?!  How did you afford to buy a car, let alone
keep it gassed up?

What is your source to compare "list price" to?  Try calling a local Nissan
dealer with the part number, and see what they're asking for it.  Bet'cha
courtesy is about 25% lower.

As far as the prices on their web site...  THOSE ARE THE DISCOUNTED
PRICES.  Everyone gets the same discount!  There's nothing magical about
being a list member;  don't bother telling them.  Nissan changes prices
frequently.  The web site probably just is not updated as frequently as the
prices on their inventory computer.  If you want to double check, try
www.NissanAutoParts.com  -- they should be 23% - 25% below list, or about
the same as Courtesy.

Now if you want to bitch about Courtesy's incredibly error prone picking
and shipping, I'll agree with you 100% !

   -WC