Poor Gas mileage and CAI

Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:20:24 -0600

Thought about it, but I used to get 30+ on the freeway...  Around town
I don't fly around, but still only manage 21 or so.  Of course I have a
3 mile commute... I also think it has to do with the angle you've got
the MAF at relative to the direction of the airflow (meaning if you've
got the little hole in the MAF lined up with the outside of the bend or
the inside...).

Now mind you, the CAI that I put in my brother's car had a made in
China aluminum MAF adapter that was comically misaligned.  The
Hotshot one is only slightly off... Didn't Place used to have one
machined out of billet aluminum that was dead flush perfect?

At any rate, once I build one that's flush perfect, I'll chime in on if it
had an impact or not...

-Scott

Has anyone thought this poor mileage is due to
stepping in the gas more to hear the CAI? I averaged
25-27 mpg with the HotShot CAI in mixed Los Angeles
driving.

Tom