Poor Gas mileage and CAI

Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:01:47 -0600

I'll second this CAI and poor gas mileage issue.  I just installed a CAI
into my brother's
G20 and he used to regularly get 25-32 MPG in mixed driving.  Now he's
bitchin' because
it only gets 18-25 or so.  I think it has a lot to do with the cheap and
non-specific MAF
adapters that are available.  These monkey parts use 3" o.d. pipe for the
adapter part, even
though the hole in the MAF is like 3 1/8" I.D.  Because they don't align
well and therefore
 may cause swirling airflow, it may be messing up the way the fuel is
metered...

Anyone able to comment on this issue?  I'm running the Hotshot MAF adapter,
and even
it's not perfectly sized.  I'm planning on some day making my own adapter
with the correct
size tubing to see if I can get my mileage over 21 street 29 freeway...

-Scott