Starter Rebuild Questions

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:38:58 -0600

> Has anyone rebuilt a starter??  If so, where did you get your
> brushes from??

 I just recently rebuilt mine. I called around in my area and
found an automotive electric place that rebuilds starters. I
actually started out by calling places that claimed to sell
foreign car parts and one of them directed me to the right
place. In any case, they replaced the brushes for $35. That's
much better than paying $150 or so for a new starter.

 If you're in the Chicago area, email me back and I'll get you
the name of the place. I don't have it handy right now.

Ben
'93 NX2K

=====
#19 Illinois Basketball 19-7 (7-5 Big Ten)
Go Illini!