Question about the vvti and engine limiter in Spec V

Cameron Cavers Cameron Cavers <cameron@ualberta.net>
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:52:22 -0600

From: "SpecV Rulez" <specv@hotmail.com>
> Well, this specv reaches its power peak at 6000 RPM. It cuts at 6500 RPM.
> Would it be better to take the engine limiter of to make it go faster or
> not, or is it possible to take it off?

I think Rob Cadle wrote an article on this for Sport Compact Car magazine on
this. Basically, if I recall correctly, the QR engine in the SE-R is a
compromise between high-performance and cost of manufacturing, so the valve
train components can't handle the higher revs. I'm sure in the next year or
so there will be a combined aftermarket solution to remedy this... try the
list archives; you should find more info there.

> Well i am confused as hell i hope i didint  confuse you guys too. I used
> drive a throttle body 350 camaro before so i need to do was changing the
air
> intake manifold and get a better muffler cause i already had 2.5 inch
> exhaust pipes. But this high tech car confuses me about what to do. Help
> please.

Try reading EVERYTHING on www.se-r.net... that's how I started on this list
almost two years ago, and I've learned a lot about this engine and our cars.
Go and take a look; it's fairly straightforward if you have any car
knowledge at all...

Cameron Cavers
Vancouver, Canada