B14 ECU pictures needed (Long)

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:35:18 -0600

--- UXB <brian@unxplodedbomb.com> wrote:

> Please ask JWT why they swapped the 95-97 SER ECU into
> the Disco Potato and not the late P10 ECU.

I'm hesitant to waste their time, but this is an interesting
question.  Along with "why did you use a Cobra MAF," "why did you use
an experimental turbo," "why doesn't a proper turbo kit exist yet,"
"why haven't you at least published specifications on your repinning
proceedure since you refuse to service this market segment with a
halfway-sane solution?" ;)  Oh, and "WTF is up with your web site,
anyway?"

I'm getting to the point where I don't trust JWT's reason any more.
I know they're great folks with great experience, but I'm just as
likely to buy a G20 FSM and figure the wires out for myself.  Did D/P
keep OBD-II functionality?

> Therefore you need a B15 male end and a B14 female end.

Sorry, that was a brain-fart on my part.  I was looking at the
protective ECU case in the B15s and thinking about the odds of an
adapter fitting inside it *with* the ECU.  This just doesn't look
practical, unless the older ECU is actually smaller externally than
the B15/P11 ECU.

I'm starting to think that repinning an old-style connector is a more
practical, though less reversible, option.

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |