Valve stem oil seal?

Lawrence Weeks dev@deskmedia.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:14:13 -0600

Once upon a time (Mon Feb 18), JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

> I have an E16s engine I just want know how to replace the valve
> stem oil seal any easy recommendations on how to install is greatly
> appreciated....I ask the guys at another forum but they didn't pay
> attention....not even comments.

> Do I need special tools for this install?

Damn it! This is not the E16 mailing list!

But, oh, wait, what is this on my desk? A 1987 Nissan Sentra FSM!

Ok, on page EM-33, they show seven steps to replace the oil seal. Two
of those steps require a Tool. Note the capital T. One Tool is for
removing the valve spring. The other is a drift so you can pound
that new oil seal in. Also, you need to have the cylinder at TDC,
and blow air into the cylinder through the spark plug hole to keep
the valve from falling. Want a scan of the page?

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@deskmedia.com