Tint Removal

Aaron LaBeau amlabeau@csusm.edu
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:47:25 -0600

My preferred method is simple strong glass cleaner, a razor blade, and some
steel wool.

1. Spray the glass cleaner on.

2. Use the razor blade and start on a corner and try to make enough of an
edge to pull the tint off in one sheet.  I usually work the razor blade with
one hand and then use the other to pull the tint off.  Sometimes really old
tint wont come off in one sheet and, well have fun ;).  Of course when your
on the back window be careful near the rear window defroster.

3. Spray the glass cleaner on the steel wool and go to work on the glue.
You might need several pieces of steel wool as it gets gummed up with glue.

4. You might need acetone on some of the tougher spots.

Aaron