Transmission Fluid Question

Mark Holden mark@vectorworld.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:54:11 -0600

Actually the GL4 tranny oil from Amsoil is an 80W-90.

I have it in my SE-R's tranny right now.  I noticed
very little difference compared to dino oil when warm,
and shifting is like stirring molasses when it gets cold.

At this point I would go with Redline instead.

> You're absolutely right.  In fact they have two.  I was looking
> some more today and apparently they have two GL-4 specific gear
> oils.  One is for the lower end of outboard motors and the other
> is for cars.  I  believe both are 75W-90.

-Mark Holden
1993 Classic - "Super Alternator Destroyer Powers Activate!"
2002 WRX Sport Wagon (just 400 more miles of break-in)