Tint removal

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 07:25:37 -0600

Jay Whitely wrote:

>1. use a razor blade as a scraping tool

Unfortunately, the razor blade has been *totally* ineffective so far.  I'll
try the other hints though and see if that helps make the razor blade more
effective.

>2. on the other side of the glass, heat the glass
>surface with a hairdryer.

Interesting.  I'll try it.

>3M adhesive
>remover is the best stuff in the world and will not
>harm the defroster lines or any painted surface. You
>can get it at Wal-Mart in the paint and body section.

Cool.  Thanks.  I knew there had to be a commercial product available.  I
should have checked at work since 3M seems to have all sorts of cool
products to make jobs like this much easier.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>