93.5 G20 Alignment can't align vertically

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:38:05 -0600

David P wrote:
>  Looking at the wheel straight on, with
> the 4 lugs facing you, the South of the wheel is pushed outward further
> towards me than the North of the wheel.

Congratulations, you have achieved that extra Negative Camber that is craved
by all of us who want better handling.  The down side is that if you have more
than -1.5* of camber, you will probably wear the inside of your tires too
quickly.
The only two things that I can think of that would cause this to happen would
be a bent strut or the bottom of the frame that the lower control arm attaches
to got bent towards the outside of the car a little.  If you have hit a
pothole really hard, that might be enough to cause the bending of either
component.
I would look at taking the car to a frame shop to find out what is bent so
that it can be fixed.  Putting a camber compensator kit on would be more of a
Band-Aid than a true fix.

Tim Rogers