Fmax vs. local fab: Am I nuts?

PCT Hiker pcthiker@yahoo.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:48:41 -0600

At 10:10 AM 2/16/02 -0500, Jay Stewart wrote:

>ABS (and PVC) belong at home depot, not on your car.

Hey--are you insultin' my custom ABS mechanical lifters???
Not to dispute in the slightest your physical facts about ABS, but...I did
get away with the intake for 1.5 years. This may have a lot to do with the
fact that I didn't use any ABS after the turbo (where it would be exposed
to compressor-heated air) and that it was located physically quite low (so
that the majority of exhaust manifold heat rose up and away from it).  I
also don't live in Death Valley.  I agree that it probably isn't the best
thing to do, or recommend to others.  With luck, I'll have a nice mild
steel f-max intake very soon ;-)

Adam
'91 w/ plastic DET