My Nitrous Setup

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:46:33 -0600

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 00:32, jon dossey wrote:

> Should I use the 7400 for the limit?  Or maybe the 7200?

I'm a monkey, but I'd rather use 7200 if your fuel doesn't cut until
7500.  What are your shift points like?

> Should I go ahead and order the 100 jet?  With the fuel pump, fuel supply
> shouldn't be a problem?

Where's the fuel coming from (the "wet" part of your wet kit)?  I saw a
setup on a QR25DE the other day that used an entire fuel cell underneath
the front bumper with what seemed to be a low-pressure electric fuel
pump running his configuration.  Pardon my ignorance, but I don't fully
grok... Are you going to Tee off of the main fuel line and then use a
low-pressure FPR to feed back into the main rail, or what?

> I've got a greddy electronic fuel pressure guage, for mounting inside the
> car.  its going in the a-pillar, but I can't decide on another guage.

I think EGT would be a better investment for you in the long run.  You
can actually tune a little bit with an EGT gauge, but I hear that most
(AutoMeter-type) AFMs are a lot more annoying than useful.

> This setup just has to keep me happy until I swap in the SR20DET, which will
> then get the nitrous setup as well.

Ooh, boosting *and* juicing.  Brave man.  With a dry N2O shot, you could
even use the phase change at the nozzle as a cooling method for the
intake air charge. ;)

Good luck, chief, just don't assume that my words mean anything...

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |