Jez bashing: STOP

George Roffe G_Roffe@big-a.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:45:31 -0600

CHEE XIONG <cxiong17@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had seize up my nx2000 and was looking
> for someone local to help me and Mr. Jez came to my
> rescue.  IT took mike only 2 days to swap out my motor
> and install a primera motor in my nx2000.

Two whole days?????

He should have had it done in two *hours*!

> I saw a Supercharger that might go on his ser.

Would you like to make a wager on that?

> Mike is a cool guy...

Yes he is.  Anyone who has met Mike and spent any time with him will tell
you that Mike will freely and happily give of his time to any list member.
I have met Mike at least twice and spent some time with him.  He not only is
a nice guy, he's a nice guy to be around.

> Now lets get back to TECH SUPPORT instead of bashing.

Well, you see, I was ready to let this go until I read this message.

You see, it's obvious that you are new to the list.  My comment about doing
your engine swap in two hours comes from typical Mike Jez list bullshit.  He
stated adamantly that he could drop an engine out of an SE-R in one hour
flat.  Since it's easier to install an SR20 than remove one (I've done this
a few times, so I'm not talking out my blow hole), he should be able to
install one in an hour as well.

Mike is always making outlandish statements on the list for whatever reason
(I don't think even he knows).  He does not do this in person.  So why do
people (including and especially people who know an like Mike) bash him on
the list?  Because far more often than not, Mike is posting some outrageous
bullshit that he cannot support in any way and he does so like he is an
expert.  He has stated in the past that he worked for Nissan, when in fact
he worked for a Nissan *dealer*.  There is a very big difference.

Mike is a nice guy, but on the list he's often full of horse pucky.  I
wouldn't even care, but people end up believing his horse pucky.  That is
wrong and there are a lot of people on this list dedicated to making sure
the list gets good information that is correct and can be backed up, or
clearly stated as an *opinion*, most of which are informed.  Most of what
Mike writes is opinion, and wild opinion backed up with nothing at that.

Sorry, I like Mike and would do what I could to help him out with things.
But unless he stops posting horse pucky, he's going to continue to get
bashed.

OK, back to my audit.  I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out. ;-)

George Roffe