installed new camshafts...now she won't fire..

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:28:51 -0600

Jerry O. Johnson wrote:

>I changed my intake and exhaust cams and rockers this weekend...
    <snip>
>It turned over real smooth, so I buttoned it all back up, installed
>the plugs, valve cover, wires, fuel pump fuse, and reconnected the
>distributor electrical connection. Went to fire it up for the break-in
>run.  It turned over nicely, but I didn't hear it try to fire once.

I would install a new fuse and disconnect the distributor electrical
connector and make sure it's clean and reconnect it (and any other
connectors that may have been disconnected).

After that, if it's not firing, you need to determine if it's not getting
fuel or spark.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>