2002 Recall Details

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:32:46 -0600

I got the details on the first 2002 recall, may not effect all vehicles.
probably just the ones where someone fell asleep.

"Nissan has determined that the headlamp assemblies on some 2001-2002
Nissan Sentra vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety
Standard 108" ... "In order to meet Safety Standard 1-8, tamperproof
caps are installed at the factory on horizontal adjustment device of the
headlamp assemblies. This is to prevent misadjustment of the headlamps.
These tamperproof caps were mistakenly omitted on your vehicle"

No big deal, I suspect they'll be recalling the 2002 "wide open throttle
floor mats of death" shortly also.