Crackling noise on Spec V??

Torry Skurski ezcheese15@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:04:54 -0600

Yeah, that happens on my car too.  I think it's the first cat cooling off.
But that's just a guess.  I don't think it's anything important.

I did however hear a horrible sound when starting my car today though.  I
swear it sounded like rod knock.  I was freaking out.  I restarted the car a
few times just to hear it again.  It did the same thing.  But it stopped
after like 1 second after it started, so I doubt it's rod knock.  I haven't
heard it again since this morning though.

Oh well, whatever it is, I have 30,000 miles left on my warrenty, so if it
blows up I'll just get a new engine :)

Torry