balljoint removal tool

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:57:04 -0600

Hello all,

I am installing control arm bushings on a 200SX. I
want to separate the lower ball joint from the control
arm without using a ball joint separator, which will
tear the boot.

I have a tool called a pitman arm puller that you sort
of wrap around the control arm and a threaded point
presses into the end of the ball joint stud.

Is this the ideal way of removing it without tearing
it? If anyone can provide me a link to a write up of
the control arm bushing install, I would appreciate
it. The archives search did not go well for me.

Thanks again,

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL