update: random cylinder misfired

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:00:41 -0600

At 07:35 PM 2/4/02, dAVID wrote:
>From: "NISMO SER" <nissan98ser@hotmail.com>
>To: se-r@lists.deskmedia.com
>Subject: update: random cylinder misfired
>Date: Mon,  4 Feb 2002 13:06:18 -0600

>Hello All

>A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my car having random cylinder misfired
>causing my check engine light to go on.  I've done the regular tuneup like
>changing plugs, caps and rotor, fuel filter, O2 sensor but didn't change out
>my Magnacore wires.  the check engine light would go on and off when it
>feels like it.

My daughter's totally stock 97 200SX SE-R is doing the same thing, a MIL
light indicating random cylinder misfire.  She replaced the spark plug
wires, distributor cap, rotor, and spark plugs to no avail.  The plugs she
replaced looked normal.  Julian helped her go through the FSM procedure for
finding the fault, but all appears normal.  The car has no drivability
problems and gets 30+mpg on her commute to work.

I suggested she put some black tape over the "Check Engine" light.  That
should do it.  8^)

Lew

Lewis Shadoff
Lake Jackson, TX
'97 200SX SE-R, Level 10 Auto, HotShot turbo
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/