Enabling AIV on Silvia SR20DET

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:41:56 -0600

Hello all,

I am trying to enable the AIV system on a Silvia motor
I am installing. I will be using the OEM Silvia ECU
until I have JWT reprogram it.

In the meantime, I want the AIV to function. From what
I understand, the car will run rich at idle with the
AIV removed (with the stock ECU).

The engine came with the AIV, but it did not come with
the PAIR valve (the black box before the AIV).

Can I just put the baby K&N directly onto the AIV and
not use the PAIR valve? Or, should I try to find a
PAIR valve from a junked SR20DE?

Or, should I not even worry about the AIV and get the
JWT ECU in a few months? I am not interested in
running rich and turning the rear bumper and exhaust
tip black.

Thanks a lot,

=====
Jay Whitely