Question on setting toe

Steven Papatrefon thepep@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 07:23:02 -0600

I read the FSM and had whats probably a stupid question or two but I need to
clarify.  In order to set the toe on my NX, the car has to on flat surface
with the appropriate tire pressures, full tank of gas, etc.  Once I make the
necessary measurements (I got an alignment tool from Eastwood Co.) I have to
loosen the lock nut on the tie rod and then what?

use a wrench or pliers to turn the inner tie rod socket one way or the other?
This is done with the wheels on the ground?  If so, I assume the tires will be
pulled one way or another?  Or do I have to jack the front up so the wheels
are off the ground in order to turn the tie rod socket?

Once done, tighten lock nut, remeasure and adjust again if necessary until I
have reached the desired setting?  Doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks for any input,

Steve Papatrefon
'92 NX2000