G20 weight and AZ-SERCA event

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@email.arizona.edu
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 02:24:16 -0600

I had the opportunity to have my car corner balanced today.  Well, acutally
i had access to a set of scales.  My car weighed in at 2695lbs w/o driver.
That's with everything still in the car, spare, jack, etc.. even my club :-)
Oh yeah, on stock wheels.  Only stock parts that were lightened or removed
are the flywheel and that dumb useless bar in the front bumper of the P10s.
The corner balance was off a little bit, like 54/46% when i first threw it
on the scales.  I got them closer, but with my current spring setup I don't
have a lot more adjustability, so I had to settle with 51.5/48.5, oh damn
:-D  That and there was a time factor too, i had to help with other stuff at
the dyno day, so i didn't want to take too much time fiddling with my car,
I'll do that later once i get the new springs and stuff in and really want
to tweak it good.  The thing I was just really suprised with was the total
weight, under 2700lbs in full street trim, 2850 w/ me in it.

As for the dyno day, we had over 15 cars dyno today.  A couple others had
their cars just weighed or corner balanced, and a couple new faces came out
to see what Az-SERCA was all about.
Oh yeah, even better! We had 4 people sign up with SERCA today.  :-)

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 that's kinda lightweight, for a G20...