No Archive: 300zx twin turbo buying tips???

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:07:10 -0600

Nice pick for a dream car.  It was my dream car and i now have one.  I'll
put it this way-you get what you pay for in this car. Buy as low milage as
you can afford. I looked for over a year before i found mine and had to fly
and drive it back fifteen hundred mile.  So be prepared.
There were no significant changes(other than price markup!) over the years
from 90-96.  I would not buy an early production 90(before i think 3-90 as
there were a few problems with these cars).
Don't buy a 96 if you're looking to hop it up.  Nissan quietly dropped the
varible valve for this year and there are not too many performance parts
availbe for this year.
400 horsepower can be had for 1500.00 bux through jwt stage three kit.
After that it gets very spendy.  Remember this: there is two of just about
everything on this car and it IS expensive.  Don't buy one if you can't
afford to maintain if properly.
There are no major problems like the fifth gear shit out on this car.
Go to www.twinturbo.net-zhome.com and read up.  There is alot of links for
the first time buyer and what to watch for.  If you need to know anything
specific and can't find it, feel free to write me back.
Brent
91 se-R gti-r turbo
90 TTz stage 1.5...for now-waiting for the piggy bank to recover
Missoula, Montana