HS Headers

Andris Laivins alaivins@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:01:57 -0600

David wrote:
>>> If you guys are selling headers like you have
described then they will trigger the OBD II system fault and cause a check
engine light.  The second O2 sensor must be moved behind the cat that
remains in order to not cause a check engine light or trigger the OBD II
system fault.
<snip>
The best bet is to just add the hanger to the
secondary and include a O2 bung so that the customers who buy the
header can go down to a muffler shop and have the bung welded to the b pipe
so it will keep the OBD II system happy.  This will also require extending
the wiring
for the O2 sensor as well.

That is almost exactly what we do :) The header ships with both an extra O2
bung and an 18mm plug.  We do weld in an O2 fitting in the stock location
for those who just want to get the header on and running until they have
time/decide to get the bung welded in after the cat. Some people just live
with the check engine light.  Its done like that so the buyer has the option
to do it whenever they want; when they get the second bung installed, they
can just pop the plug in.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Andris