scroth harness help

? ?" <grailer@yifan.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:08:13 -0600

Butterglry@aol.com wrote:

  > i got the scroth ralley 3 harnesses ... anyone with experience would like
  > to email me some english instructions and wiring info...

There's not much to instruct, Shawn. You have three anchor points on that
harness - the easy way to do things is to mount the two lap belts to the rear
seat bolts (you'll need to bend the tabs on the belts a bit for clearance). On
mounting the single rear 'tail strap,' opinions differ. Some say use the
C-pillar mount from the rear seat's shoulder harness, others say it's OK to use
the mounting bolt for the rear center lap belt. I've used both and prefer the
lap belt mount as, being straight back from the front seat's center, it keeps
the harness evenly tensioned. As long as you're not overly tall so the harness
is at a more than 45-degree angle, the rear lap belt works great.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss