PSi

Aaron LaBeau amlabeau@csusm.edu
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:52:34 -0600

Subject: Re: PSi
From: Jon Pennington <cowboydren@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:35:46 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 18:59, speed_break@juno.com wrote:
>> I was just wondering how much PSi of boost from a turbo can a
>> SR20DE engine handle as a daily driver?

First you'd need to know what kind of turbo your running.  A T-25 will
certainly be safer to run at 12psi on street gas than a T3/T04E.

>15PSI would be more than adequate to do the daily commute...20 would...>

On street gas you'd most certainly be detonating at 20psi no matter the
turbo.  A stock Bluebird or GTIR could handle probably handle 15psi because
of their lower compression.  There's all kind's of tricks that could help
prevent detonation like higher octane gas and/or water injection.  I believe
the T-25 also becomes significantly inefficient at boost levels above 15psi.
One of the turbo gurus would have to comment on this.

>Having your boost...to 30PSI sounds like a lot of fun

I'm sure it really isn't you'd just be spinning tires unless your on slicks.
Not to mention you'd probably be blowing up your motor!

IMO the previous reply isn't helpful to anyone.  If the original poster is
really curious, the archives turned up all kinds of information on "daily
driver boost levels" on many different SR20 turbo setups.

Aaron