Anybody Ever Dealt with Superior Racing Development in Tempe, AZ? LONG

Robert Bever r_bever@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:37:33 -0600

I had my 93 SE-R in to have the head gasket replaced. 3 day deal right?
Wrong. They say the car is ready 6 days later. So, I trot on down to pickup
my car and the guy tells me he has bad news. Somehow the valve collets on 5
of my valve spings are broken. HMM...  So I say hey, I've got an extra long
block in my garage, i'll got grab 'em for you. So i get them the collets,
and the guy is in the process of putting them on and I hear all this banging
coming from the shop. I think nothing of it because someone was swapping out
some cv-axles on an integra. Then about 10 minutes later the Manager comes
in and tells me that the mechanic somehow broke my Intake Cam in HALF!!!
Apparently the guy was trying to save time and not disconnect the timing
chain from the cam and just pry it up in the air and slip the collets in. So
anyway the manager tells me it shouldn't be a problem and that he can get me
a new set of cams. I told him that I wasn't comfortable with having the head
put back in my engine, after someone pryed on some part of it hard enough to
break my camshaft.  He says it should be fine. Now bear in mind this is my 3
month old JDM sr20de out of a clip with 29000km's on it. I even offered to
go and pickup another engine, and have him install it for what he was going
to charge me for the headwork. He said no. What does he think I am a fool.
The only reason I took it to them, is that I just didn't have the time to do
it myself. These guys are supposed to know what they're doing right?  I'll
let the list know how it pans out.