tires

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:33:21 -0600

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 23:15, Josh Brockman wrote:

> Whaaat? Where did you pick up these particular misconceptions? Toyos are OEM
> on Maximas, fercrissake! They don't sell them because they don't sell them,
> it's not like a tire has to be sold through TR for it to be any good!

You misunderstood me, sir.  I'm not calling Toyo or Falken *products*
retarded, I'm calling the lame excuse that TR and Falken use for not
working together retarded.  Falken claims that TR does not fit into
their "regional" distribution channel scheme.  Guess what, guys?  The
internet kinda' blew that idea all to hell.  DTD isn't a regional
distributor any less than TR is, yet they sell Falken product.

Marketers are retarded, not distributors, not manufacturers; marketers.

> That
> said, I think they are a great company and I have been very happy with the
> things I have bought from them, but to try to turn someone away from a
> product just because they don't sell it is silly.

You're jumping to conclusions again.  I love Falken tires, as a matter
of fact.  My next set of tires will quite likely be Ziex ZE-502s, since
they are actually capable of operating nicely on terrain that *isn't*
flat and dry. :)

> How is the Azenis any more "retarded" than a Potenza S03, or a Yoko Parada
> or a Kumho MX?

You're mincing my words.  Not like I've never done that to anybody else,
but this is particularly nasty work. :)  The Yoko Parada's no good in
rain, either.  I bet the S03 is pretty decent (could be better), but the
Kumho ECSTA MX should have excellent rain characteristics, just as the
ECSTA Supra 712 did.

> From what I have heard they are an excellent rain tire though.

No, the A520 is an excellent rain tire.  So is the ZE-502.  The Parada
and Azenis RS are not.

> I will be lucky to get 12k out of my SP8000s, and they suck at autocrosses
> to boot! And they cost a good bit more than the Azenis.

WOW.  You're accusing me of FUD?  Just two years ago, the SP8k was one
of the best tires you could buy for autocrossing in the sub-$100 range.
If you can't get it to stick, you're driving wrong, or your tires are
already dead (common with the SP8k).  I've piloted cars with non-dead
SP8ks, and they simply rocked.  Email me privately if you want to know
why I think this.  There are much better tires now, true, and some that
cost less, but don't go slingin' mud about the SP8k. ;)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |