Whistling Classic

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:48:59 -0600

> It only happens under pretty
> significant load, so I can't just stick my head under the hood and
> see where it's coming from.

Did you un-torque the old header-to-block bolts in the proper sequence and
torque the new header on in the correct sequence and using the correct
torque spec, and then recheck the torque a second time? If not, the leak
could be coming from between the block and the header.

Otherwise, double check the EGR, AIV, and O2 sensor fittings. Also the
primary and secondary connections. Gotta be one of those. If you are lucky
enough to have compressed air available, try and rig something so you can
pressurize the exhaust manifold so you can hear the leak without the motor
on.

Ben Davis
93 NX2000
98 Sentra SE still for sale, current asking price $8,750
91 Celica ST 405k original clutch
93 Metro future SR20DE powered Vette killer
all 4 washed for the first time in 6 months or so :)