P10 audio info

Brian Jones jonesbri@cfl.rr.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:04:30 -0600

> I called Crutchfield the other day to order a new head unit for my G20. I
> have always been told that it is "impossible" to adapt the stock Infiniti
> "Active Speaker" setup to anything else. Turns out that for $49.99,
> Crutchfield has the necessary adapter to let you hook an aftermarket head
> unit to your stock amps and speakers.

Huh...I just used a regular wire harness when I did it and it worked.  The
only thing that you have to use is an inline dB reducer because you are
using an amped signal from the headunit to the stock amps, so basically
it gets amped twice.  So if you put that reducer in (which is what i think
they were talking about) it will sound fine.  Just my obs...

-Brian Jones
93.5 G