Clutchnet clutch

Andris Laivins alaivins@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:31:09 -0600

I'm pretty sure the pressure plates in their cars are single-diaphragm.  I
was at the Clutchnet shop a couple of days ago (nice people!) and Oleg was
showing me stuff... He said the Stock SR20 pressure plate has about 1500lbs
of clamping force. He showed me a double-diaphragm pressure plate and said
it had 3000lbs of clamping force.  This is twice the stock amount, thus,
twice the effort!  That would be pretty much a drag-car thing I'd think.
Ryan and Zak have 2200lb pressure plates.  The Clutchnet people modify the
pressure plate to change the clamping force. I'm getting the same clutch as
Zak and Ryan, and He said they just use a modified single-diaphragm to get
to that amount of force.  The zak/ryan clutch has segmented Fibertuff on one
side, and Organic material on the other.  It looks like the disc you
mentioned on the website - they are showing the segmented fibertuff. The
other side looks sort-of like stock disc material; they use a
high-performance Japanese organic clutch lining.

Hope that helps!
Andris Laivins
12 days and counting till the debut of the SE-R Cup race series....
oh so much stuff to do