Gen. Info: measured exhaust noise levels

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:06:09 -0600

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 13:48, Boonrat Lohwongwatana wrote:

> The size of the tubing itself also reflects the sound level in general.
> Dynomax Ultraflow is not that quiet either. Chances are, your new setup
> might not be a big improvement from your current setup.

Well, Mark Chiles ran a 2.5" mandrel-bent cat-back system with a Dynomax
Super Turbo, and took Solo-II D-Stock (by storm) with it.  Later moving
to an Ultra Flo model, the noise went up a little bit, but so did wheel
HP, and I'm pretty sure he was still competing at this time.  I don't
know, however, if his sanctioning officials had anything to say about
his exhaust db.

Perhaps Mark will comment on this thread now that I've pulled his name
into the ring... :)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |