My suspension mistake....comments?

Greyson Crowe GCrowe@itd.state.id.us
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:08:25 -0600

Well about a year and ahalf ago I just thought my B13 sentra was going to be
a college car...and I wanted it low...So my friend at a crappy import shop
told me he could get some HP Coilovers for cheap and they were supposed to
be good.  Well I wanted ground controls with the Spring rate 300/200...but
he insisted these were good.  Well I loved them for the first week until my
stock struts blew...(I thought I could run them all the way low).  THen I
bought some KYB GR2's and those wern't much better than stock.  So I got him
to give me a trade on the springs...traded the backs for some new front
springs...so now I had the same spring rate al around.  Well I finally put
in my ST Sways...then some KYB AGX's. and ran about 1.5 inches lower than
stock.  THis whole time I figured I'd upgrade to GC's when I can afford it
or maybe spring and buy Motivationals... I assumed my HP's spring rates were
around 250/200...meaning I thought I was running 250 all around.  I call
them yesterday...they told me it's 450/350...meaning I run 450 all around.
This would explain my ultra stiff ride..which I don't mind...But is this a
bad choice right now?  I run the AGX's at 4 up front and 4 in the back...and
have both front and rear STB...It's the best handling car I've driven...but
kinda twitchy up front.  I just had the allignment done to -1.5 Fr -.8 back
with 1/32 toe out front..and 0 toe in back...made a nice difference compared
to before...anyways...does my setup sound too extreme or possibly dangeous?
WHat should I look into for the twichy front end? I also run 15x7 rims with
an offset that sticks them out a bit with 195/50 Kumho 712's at 38psi front
and 35psi back.
Thanx,
Greyson