(no subject)

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:51:27 -0600

Hey gary welcome.  I have a 97 200sx se-r which has the same stereo setup as
yours.  The front doors are 6.5s or 6 3/4 how ever you want to say it.  The
back is the same.  The front mounting depth is very very shallow, something
like 2 and 1/8th.  Its hard to find something good that fits.  If you want
something good then you have to make some mounting plate spacer or something.
The rears are a lot easier to fit just about anything in.  Crutchfield has all
the exact depts on their web site.  They also have a nice search thing that
lets you find those shallow speakers.  You can fit almost any stereo in the
console.  Its a double din with factory side mounts.  That means that you dont
have to get screwed with some mounting bracket.  It just screws in with the
screws that come with the stereo or the ones that were in the stock radio.  If
you have that map pocket then you can fit any single din stereo with ease, if
you have the stock cd player like I did then you have this strange looking cd
player thing under the after market one.  If you want to use an amp, let me
know Ive done a few of those in my car too.  Need any other info?

-sean