Spec V and Nissan bashing

Eric Waterman sr20pwr@home.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:36:24 -0600

My wife and I went looking for new SE-Rs this weekend.  I had to buy a new
battery also, so we figured this would be the best way to kill two birds
with one stone.  The first dealer didn't have a Spec V, but they did have a
base SE-R auto.  It was black.  The first thing I noticed was how dirty the
car was.  It hasn't rained here in a few days,so I don't know why they had a
dirty car on the lot.  The second thing I noticed was the amount of swirl
marks the car had.  In the 4 1/2 years I've had my car, mine doesn't have
that many, and I have a black car too. The last thing I noticed was the
amount of orange peel the driver's side had.  It was nasty.  My sister's '91
doesn't have that much, and hers was just painted and hasn't been wet sanded
yet.  I thought maybe it was just a bad paint day, or this was how new
Nissans were done.  While talking with the salesman, my wife looked around
the car.  While we were leaving, she painted out something that made me
suspicious.  The driver's back door was clean compared to the rest of the
car.  She also said the passenger side didn't look bad at all.  Here is a
dealer selling a car that has been fixed as new.  They wanted 18,166 for it.
There is a dealer that will never get my business.

Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

> Keep in mind that Nissan does not own their dealers and is, too a large
> degree, not able to control them or their business practices very well.
In
> my experience, poor dealer quality is a relatively universal problem.
Cars