subwoffer placement question.

Ben Baird benjaminbaird@attglobal.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:12:11 -0600

Best placement for subsonice reinforcement and loudest place it with the
woofer facing the rear or the rear corner(better) and about 3" from the
rear.  For the best clarity place it forward facing next to the tire well.

Ben
'91 SE-R

<impashnt@westol.com> wrote:

Now for those of you who know a little about car audio.  I got a Pioneer
sub/amp combo for my car.  It's not the biggest of best out there, but for
what i need it serves the purpose.  I was wondering where is the best place
locate it for the best sound.  currently i have it in the area where the
trunk
and the backseats meet.  My sentra has the 60/40 split, and i located it in
the opening for the seats to pass through to the trunk.  I never put my
seats
down, but i would like to install a rear strut tower brace.  Is there a
better
location, position to place the sub.  It's approximately 8 inches square in
the face, and 18 i to 24 inches long.  i was told by one person to face the
speaker towards the front of the car and have it sit next to the wheel well
on
the drivers side.  Just looking for your opinions guys.  Thanks.

Nate