Case Welding

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:40:39 -0600

>Some weld from the inside and some weld the outside of the case.

I have never heard of anyone welding from the inside, that would be
pointless, there is no room.

>2. Does it have to be tig welded-could i weld it with a mig welder set up
to weld aluminun?

I would take it to a professional welder.

>3. How much does JWT charge for this and what's the average turn around
time?

They charge both arms and one leg for this. Turnaround depends on which leg
they take, I heard there was a run on right hand side legs at JWT but that's
just a rumor.

Here are pics of when mine was done back in the day.

http://www.nx2k.com/nx2000/clutch_and_transmission.htm

-Jay