NOS Nitrous kit 05122 vs Zex

probedude probedude@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:29:50 -0600

I'm buying a dry nitrous kit this week, either a NOS 05122 or a Zex. (was
going to get the NOS 05030FI but it isn't Calif Smog legal and isn't readily
hideable)

What I'm wondering about is if the NOS 05122 kit has the ability to tune the
amount of fuel that is injected.  Zex claims that they vary the amount of
fuel injected depending on the N2O pressure but their installation guide
also mentions orifices you can change to adjust the fuel injected.

I believe the NOS setup does somewhat the same thing (pressurizing the fuel
regulator instead of having it hooked up to the vacuum port) but is there
adjustability to the amount of fuel injected?

Anyone on the list have any experience with either Zex or the NOS 05122?

(FWIW, I plan on building my own 'safeties' into the arming system like
using the TPS sensor for WOT sensing, clutch sensor, tranny neutral switch,
RPM window comparator, monitoring the O2 sensor output, and fuel pressure
switch, so getting the Zex just because of the TPS hookup isn't a selling
point.)

Dave