Pedal pressure differenced on ACT cluthch?

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:50:57 -0600

HI all-ordered an ACT clutch kit this week and now it turns out they made a
mistake.  Instead of the Heavy duty pressure plate they put in the Xtreme
plate.  Sounds great to me but what i'm wondering is how hard is the pedal
going to be to shift?  Not that i mind a stiffer pedal, it's just that my
left leg is not up to a lot due to an injury.  (My leg won't be getting much
stronger in the future.)
I know the heavy duty one claims 43% more clamping for and the Xtreme is
something like 90%.  That just makes me think the pedal is going to be twice
as stiff-right?
Tell me what you guys think i should do here.  I did pay extra for drop
shipping and i do need to get my car back together asap.  And yes, the guy
is paying the difference for me on the plate.
Brent
91 se-R soon to have a turbo