Mixing natural and synthetic oil.

Robert Jones rjones@devzero.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:55:24 -0600

I have a 2001 Sentra SE. I had Mobil 1 Synthetic put into at at 3500 miles. I
just took it to the dealership to have my 7500 mile service done in it, and
brought along 6 more quarts of Mobil 1, asking to have them use that oil.
When
I picked up the car, there were still 6 quarts of Mobil 1 in the trunk.

This is the first car I've run synthetic oil in.  I've heard you can cause
problems mixing synthetics with dino juice. Should I take the car back and
have them put the synthetic into it, or just not worry about it for 3000
miles
until my next oil change?

(At least they didn't charge me for the oil, since they had me flagged as
providing my own. :/ )

--
Encrypted mail is preferred, and answered first.
Public key: http://www.devzero.org/public.asc

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]