Non ser, things that make no sense

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:48:13 -0600

Mike
I first want to say sorry if I upset you.  It was no intention of doing
that.  I was just saying that Ive seen in it a few times about stoplight
encounters or such things.  Its just that i was just re-reading the January
issue and it stuck out in my mind.  I can scan it in but he says the likes
of a guy being able to drive well and fast on the street and then he punched
it and left him behind.  While I dont think SCC has ever said the words
racing and street in the same sentance in anything but a negative tone, but
there has been a few times when it seems some of the non-regular writers are
heavly hinting toward the subject.  You, Dave, Josh, and Larry I think all
have talked extesnively on the bad parts of the problem.  Its just that Ive
seen many of the guest writers(im guessing) have sorta beat around the bush
on such things and personaly i think that should have been caught in editing
or something.  I know how good SCC is, its actualy the only mag I actualy
buy reguarly.  I dont have a subscription because I used to move around
between school to much so Ive spent tons of money buying almost every issue
from WalMart.  Ill probaly continue to read it cause I do like the no
bullshit it has.  I do think it has started to dwindle a bit for some
reason, maybe running out of material but it is hard to continuly come up
with new things and I understand that.  More ads seem to have miagrated in,
but again I dont mind it i understand it.  Maybe its just the regularlity
ive seen such undertones that has disturbed me.

I like GRM just because they are truely shadetree in nature.  They do things
weird and wacky, and I like that.  So what I may never own a 914(basicly
cause i dont think i can get in one), but I do enjoy reading about them.  I
like any good rag that gives me a lot of info on fixing or tweaking cars,
and honestly there are only 2 I know of that arent rice SCC and GRM.  I do
read Mustangs and Other Fast Fords from time to time, along with the
occasional 4x4 or Off Road.  I enjoy SCC about the most since they rarely
give a flip about looks, and have given me the idea for a rally beater.  So
I am not dogging the mag, but maybe you are right and I should write in
saying something about the seeminly increase in street racing undertones.

All I do is recomend SCC to any one and everyone interested in small cars.
I know Ive pushed it on to some people that would never pick up such a
thing.  Then again some of them have pushed mags like Off Road back on me
since I sold my Samurai years ago.

So Mike if I insulted you again Im sorry.  I do consider you one of my
friends and hope I didnt do something to make you mad.

Kevin