Pivot A:F Gauges

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:16:15 -0600

Joe Stewart <jstewart@eCompanyStore.com> wrote:

>>Not to diss anyone, but I really find the subject of A/F gauges kind of
>>humorous.

>OK, so anyone running a T25 without a boost controller (stock boost)
>shouldn't have a boost gauge, then, by the same logic. That would be silly.

Well, since you brought it up....

I'm not running a boost gauge with mine.  I considered hooking up a temporary
one to make sure it wasn't over-boosting, but to a certain extent that is
true.  The only thing the is different about a boost gauge compared to an AF
gauge is that you can use it to catch problems before something goes boom.
With the O2 sensor gauges you won't know anyway because they aren't wide-band
(I'm talking about the usual cheap ones - under $1,000).

>JWT isn't perfect. Used DET parts aren't either. I'll take my $30 gauge and
>know that nothing is wrong or blowing up, thank you very much.

I agree about gauges for most things, but the $30 AF gauge won't tell you
squat.

George Roffe